Thursday, October 19, 2006
Mencari Cik Siti Wan Kembang
Eighth, ninth and tenth of May two thousand six were the days I won’t forget. It was not because of Shahrir Samad’s resignation as the Backbenchers Club chairman and people at the top were busy trying to re-elect him whatsoever. It was also not because of FIFA’s threat towards Cambodia to suspend Cambodia’s membership due to political interference in the election of their national soccer federation chief in which I sure don’t give a damn. It was the bachelor beach bash organized by my batchmates at my previous alma matter, the malay college. It was such an ecstasy to relax and chill out by the beach - playing guitar, having some nice long conversation with the associates, laugh out loud, beach soccer (in which I failed miserably albeit I play futsal on weekly basis – then only I had sense of respect towards Eric Cantona who did damn well both on the grass and sand). It was held somewhere at Pantai Irama Bachok, Kelantan. Yup, I stayed at Kelantan for three days in which I wouldn’t do it if I am a traveler. But upon staying there, I could sum Kelantan up as a state which suffers of misconception from people who never been here. Kelantan is not that bad. Yup, if you ask any of eager and enthusiast young breed of KL-ites, there would be surely some version of conservative and boring king of state Kelantan is. But for me, Kelantan has more to offer. Friendly people with eye-popping and jaw-dropping accent (hehe), nice food (and cheap also in which the most important thing), and a nice place to hide from the hectic life in big cities like KL, are how I define Kelantan.

I would like to express my million thanks to ammar, shafiq salam, aniep and domaque for your guys hospitality and generosity in times we were there. Demo maghi Key Ey demo call kawe deh?

6.53 PM

Saturday, 13th May 2006

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 6:20 pm | Permalink |


0 Comments: