Tuesday, December 12, 2006
'Blood'y Experience
I am in the midst of a tiresome night with my back hurts real bad after hours of cramping myself in Kuala Lumpur Hospital doing community service the whole day yesterday. (we called it CAS which stands for Creativity, Action and Service, a constituent of the IB programme which needs us to complete about 180 hours doing things that could develop our creativity, physical and social skills) and that might explain why I was there, sitting at Kuala Lumpur Hospital with nothing to do than helping the hospital's staff with blood management without realizing how terrible I waste my cute holiday moment at home. But at the end of the day, I guess it's all worth the sweat. All I can say is that it was a great trip and I learnt pretty much on how to handle things with biohazard sticker on it and I am pretty proud of myself who was strong enough to get rid of my bed's comfort.

Apart from handsome experience, I got some shares of real pain on my back soon after I got back home. Maybe its because of the bag-ful of blood container I carried right from Oncology Dept to the Pathology Dept, which about 300m in distance, walking, under steaming afternoon sunshine. If I think that it is worrisome, grab a baseball bat and give a swing to my head as its gonna be part and parcel of my future being and hey, I have to get used to it!

P.S. I am going to HKL again this morning, with post-mortem on the schedule. Uuuu, scary. Haha.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 12:40 am | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 12 December, 2006 12:55, Anonymous Anonymous

    wah.
    rase dewasa.
    put pictures lah whn u are all draped in scrubs and face mask and surgical gloves.

    bayangan dr izham/
    heh.
    good day.

     
  • At 14 December, 2006 22:45, Blogger Izham Ismail

    haha..ive uploaded A picture of me in that suit. its in my friendster acc. anyway, i had a great time there. it was fun getting ourselves naked before wearing that suit. hahah~