Sunday, December 10, 2006
My Negligence
I'm on holiday now. And now I am back from the dark end of Banting and I am coming back to the blogosphere, after a month of gruesome semester exam skirmish. And last night, I had a dinner with my old-boys at Strawberry Field, Taipan. And to note about the food, all I can say is, it kept me full until today's lunchtime and I even skipped my breakfast today (anyway I woke up at 2pm today) Haha. In case you guys would want to have some taste of its yummy fare and don't know how to get there, here is your travel guide speaking. The place is in USJ10 and very close to Burger King, across from the carpark, and near to McDonalds and True Fitness. You have to come in from the HSBC/StanChart entrance, pass the maybank and the place that looks like a beach club, and Strawberry Fields is on the left side. Anyway, the food is good and talking with successful Malay individuals is at first of class.

I had always get myself complaining about how hard IB is and how terrible it affected my crazy life. I find myself tied with heavy thick books and assignment with dateline always around the corner. With the horrid semester one exam making its exit last friday, I could not imagine how bad I am doing in the programme and the time I walked away the Dewan Besar after the Malay A1 paper, all I can do is geleng my head before packing my stuff at my room to get out of that place. It is a burden I cling to. And then soon I realize that my whole 10A SPM splendor is gone and now, it's smiling back at me. And last night, my seniors really gave some good kick on my ass.

If I think KMB is the place where I can have freedom, I am wrong. If I think KMB is the place where I can have chicks around, again I am wrong and if I think KMB is the place where I can get my 10A SPM tag allows me to laze around, again, I am wrong. And to view that the non-Malays as completely out of our league and prefering to become a jaguh kampung instead is also a big wrong for me.

When I was a scholar, I was satisfied that I earned the grudging respect of the non-Malays in my uni or those non-Malays who know me from other unis - because none of them had ever indicated they doubted that I deserved my scholarship. Be it at a public school or unis - we beat the non-Malays easily; or competed with them on equal terms.

Fiasco. What a humiliation for me.

And again if I think that there are times in my life that I can stop learning and laze my ass off, I am wrong as my succesful seniors, at the age of 30 something, are still under high atmospheric pressure and they worked and exerted so much of their effort and could not even find time for themselves and me? at 18 years of age, with no big things achieved other than mere 10As in SPM, have started to think to lay back and stop. What a dick I am. (hehe) Serious please.

Well the point is, I have to change. And to think that it is over is all wrong.

I have university placement staring at me.
I have MARA and taxpayers' money staring at me.
I have the future of my race staring at me.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 3:01 pm | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11 December, 2006 18:02, Anonymous Anonymous

    At least 10A1 spm..

    kmb ramai member2 di sana.

    so i will expect seeing u bermain-main bola di padang permatalah kirenye.