Sunday, February 04, 2007
Izham and The King

I was the biggest hater of musicals. Musicals were made to make any soul goes spoilt with its crazy timing of singing. They sang in the worst timing ever, and they dance at the worst places ever. What a resemblance of a psychotic I must say. But somehow, those notions of mine were drowned into the pits when IB introduced me The King and I, dubbed one of the hottest musical film in history, as a way to instill awareness of understanding the world culture in its students.

There were series of remake hitting the silver screens but the one I am talking about is 1956’s production directed by Walter Lang. He really kick ass. As a person who has been very unsupportive and fancy being romantic and melodramatic, the first time I watched The King and I, I went (words that resemble Izham being romantic, whatsoever).

But the thing is, there was something in the film that somehow attracted me to watch it again and again. As my paradigm was by some means been shifted, I even googled the film and I learnt more about the whole film and the whole musicals world, and it happened that what a fascinating world it is to indulge our soul into musicals because what the actors were doing in musicals was not just a mere entertainment. It has something need to be deciphered by romantic and idealistic people who watched it. So to think that musicals are just a piece of crap, drop your thoughts and give it a try. You might get yourself hooked.

P.S. I watched it twice and I am thinking of downloading it to my laptop in a little while. What a blow to my macho-ness. Somebody please stop me.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 12:04 am | Permalink |


0 Comments: