Thursday, March 29, 2007
Low Budget night it was..
If you ask most people, what does it take to become a good musician? Chances are that the most common reply would be, lots of talent. But if you ask me, I would say, you just need time and practice.

OK, put aside thoughtful notions for now as I am in so much over the moon after what I did last Saturday night. I am a dreamy person who dreams a lot. And one of my nasty dreams is to perform on-stage, playing my favorite music instrument, the thing called guitar. And that night really made me headbutting my head to the wall in disbelief, as if I was dreaming. It was KMB’s very own Solte A Alma, rendered from koleq’s 2005 famous soundstage and I was there, on the stage, performing two songs with my band.

We called ourselves the Low Budget, and it meant almost literally as we are one of the few bands who doesn’t have any instrument to play with and we have to borrow them from the music club, who reluctantly granted us to use their pieces. To make things worse, we couldn’t afford to have a drummer and again, music club was so generous by providing us with one.

We performed two songs, Bintang Di Surga from Peter Pan and Stand By Me, song from my all-time favorite band, Oasis.

Note that, KMB’s Solte A Alma maybe a school concert by name, but it is actually a competition, a talentime, a battle of the band. There are three judges, a parody of typical show-based reality tv scene, but there are given no time to comment whatsoever as there are 6 bands competing with 2 songs each. Ah yes, we are the only Year Ones to perform!

At the end of the night, we were proclaimed 1st runner up and I felt a huge feeling of sheer proud and delight as I noted my nasty dream to be real this time. They say, the Low Budget is a bunch of wannabes who turned out to be good. Ha ha. Anyway, thanks to the Low Budgets, for making it a night I won’t forget.

As always, pictures for your yummies.

Izham on the jeng jeng

Low Budget on-stage

Timothy, Apek, Muhklis posing with the kinkiest bassist on planet

P.S. And all of a sudden, KMB people can be seen lip-synching to Oasis’ tune and people can be seen downloading Bintang Di Surga and transferring the song from one thumbdrive to the others. What an influence!

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 10:47 am | Permalink |


3 Comments: