Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Siamese Night it was..
This post is due to the babbling of Aliyah Zambri, asking me ad infinitum to write something about the musical production. And here it goes,

Probably it is not too late for me to update with this stuff as IB is not that munificent to allow me to get online almost everyday. Fair enough, let me recap on what called a blissful night of Banting. Yes, it was Musical Festival that was there on the fixture, and we have to be all focus, to the extent of abandoning any other work and assignments and keeping thick revision books untouched for one week to prepare for the big night.

My class combined with other two engineering class (they say medical and engineering students are like oil and water, but soon they find out they we are more like potassium and water, we fused well and even producing a very useful gas, hydrogen). Ok, put aside chemistry for now (Ouch, medical students typicality again). We have to work on The King and I, which need no introduction since there was a 2002 blockbuster film rendered to reiterate its wonderful plot of story of how a humble English teacher made a huge contribution in Thailand’s modernization, and tear down King Mongkut’s egoistic facade to pieces. And I had to play Louis Leonowens, the only son of the teacher, and best of friend of Prince Chulalongkorn, the King’s successor.

Maybe the person I hate the most for the whole is week is the director, Amira. She is the devil of my week as she would certainly rob any of our free time, seeking for practice session and being a good production team, we have to be all OK with it. (My call register was flooded by her call, but often I just let them to be ‘miscall’) But it was all worth it, and working under her ever-enthusiastic sway was a great experience for me. She delegated the task very well, sectioning us into precisely and effective force. Casting, props, costumes, special effects, pamphlets and even tukang pembeli air, she covered it all and deal with it very very well. An to top it all, she was there during the staging and still doing her job, making sure that things are going on as swiftly as planned. My credits to her.

And my pick for our second best production crew is Aliya, the person who made this post tangible. She had a tough time remembering her long-lined script, (unlike me, who only had to remember 2 very very short lines), voice-tuning for the song she has to sing, (unlike me, who just all miming throughout the performance), and practicing the ever-hard fan dancing (unlike me, who just bother to use the fan to kipas kipas myself kepanasan). Ha ha. Anyway, she deserved the credit and I holler of discontent quietly when she didn’t score the Best Actress award. The judges really should bertaubat after this sin they have made. Anyway, she rocks.

And the whole production crew was a brilliant team player. The prop people, costume people, the dancers, the gorgeous flock of singers and every one of us was like Liverpool that night, classic and great stuff. Albeit not to win the grand prize, to clinch 3 out of 7 awards that night was more than enough. Well done M06E, E06C and A06B! Ah yes, some pictures for the dark blog to look a bit colorful.

Louis & Anna's first encounter with the King

Hightlight of the show. The sink of Simon of Legree.

Whole bunch of the crew

Ah yes. That's Anna. Ah yes. And that's Aliya.

P.S. And soon I found out that Louis Leonowens had married to two wives, Caroline Knox, a British and Prang Somkok, a Siamese lady. What a motivation.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 12:14 am | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 14 March, 2007 12:29, Blogger inchemohdfaroukbinmohdsaad

    yoda...its cool to be in drama...huh?!drama?!...ngehngehngeh....

    yeah gud motivation 4 u to have 2 wives...

    da~~

     
  • At 15 March, 2007 22:42, Blogger Izham Ismail

    seriously.its cool when u have nice and hardworking people to work with. and its cooler when knowing im casting for a 2-wived gentleman! haha~

     
  • At 16 March, 2007 03:07, Anonymous Anonymous

    tade video ke am?nk tengok... ngeh2 ^.^

     
  • At 16 March, 2007 13:33, Blogger Izham Ismail

    video?haha.ada2.nanti ill send straight to egypt eh.~

     
  • At 16 March, 2007 17:24, Anonymous Anonymous

    kill me,. why isnt the king be in the content??hehe..
    ,.honourable king mongkut.

     
  • At 16 March, 2007 18:09, Anonymous Anonymous

    heh..2 wives eyh..i thought u loves women so much that two wouldnt be enough...haha

     
  • At 18 March, 2007 23:20, Anonymous Anonymous

    orang tunggu... better kip ur promise... alah,kat msia pon xpe...tp nk tengok gak!!!xkire!!!

     
  • At 31 January, 2010 23:07, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are incorrect. Prang Somkok (Lady Knox) was Louis Leonowens's mother in law. His wife was Caroline Knox, the half-Thai, half-Englsh daughter of Prang Somkok and British diplomat Sir Thomas George Knox.

     
  • At 27 February, 2010 11:43, Anonymous Anonymous

    hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 230 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you tell me about these?

     
  • At 18 March, 2010 13:52, Anonymous Anonymous

    hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices seeking the boots were approximately 250 bucks on every page. But for all I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what do you think?