Saturday, May 05, 2007
Minggu Apresiasi Bola
Liverpool cruised to final in its most stylish way, beating the ever egocentric men of the Blues, and booking a repeat with AC Milan. Things were settled between Ancelotti’s men few years back in Istanbul, but 3 goals against Man Utd was sufficient to put them on the same flight with Rafa’s men. Chelsea would probably have eliminated Liverpool big time. But they didn't, certainly owes much to the high level of performance put in by Steven Gerrard and his teammates in both legs. However, the X Factor for me on both ties was Benitez, the Gaffer, the tactician. I have felt for years, through watching Benitez managerial stint at Valencia and now Liverpool, that there aren't many better readers of a football match. As was the case in 2004 with Valencia and the following year with Liverpool, the quiet man is again demonstrating his value on the European stage. Thursday morning managerial masterclass in the UEFA Champions League at Anfield merely reinforced this view. The Reds were all dominating the game with huge possession favoring them, and that left Chelsea with no balls to play but themselves. They could keep it as much as they wanted in that sector of the pitch. Only once Chelsea entered Liverpool territory did they find themselves engulfed by a red sea – and it cost them the final spot, as the Reds are huge in the penalties. Well done, Kop, you painted my week with red.

And I got a new girlfriend this weekend. I first saw her on Wednesday at Ampang and I fall in love with her ever since. She loved me as well and we have been dating for about a week now. Ah yes, her picture.

Sweet isn’t it. Ha ha. Yeah, I treated myself with an Adidas +F30, just a day before The Kop booked their place in the final, a good luck sign I guess. I was spoilt for choices with Nike and Lotto at both hands but Adidas is always my first love, having wearing it for years now. I owe Adidas for its style and performance, both on and off the field. Anyway, both Stevie G and Zizou wear Adidas on their feet and it seems like an insult if I don’t wear one. Thanks to Wan Zahidi, who has been kind enough to keep me in company when I hold my 7 months MARA allowance restlessly and gave me full support when I stared goodbye to my ever fantasized Nike Mercurial Vapor. And it started off with flying color when I demonstrated a fusion of Messi, Kaka and Stevie G’s style of play on my new boot’s debut. Ha ha, I can hear you say “Izham poyo”. Mampus lah! It’s my way of fulfilling my hierarchy of need, my self-esteem! Anyway, MCB Football team players are so much having their time of joy playing football these days, which is a good sign for the team’s future. I can see them laughing, displayed a never-seen-before maneuver on the pitch and played well in the team, with improved passing technique and team play. I can just smile for that, and hoping for the best for them, and for the team.

P.S. The Reds are in the final, +F30 is now under my bed, and MCB Football team is having fun with the ball. It was indeed a beautiful week of football for me.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 9:30 pm | Permalink |


2 Comments: