Sunday, July 08, 2007
DemAM

It is exactly 1 week that I have been walking around with flu. I hate to find myself feeling tired, sneezing all the time, coughing, and having a never-ended runny nose. It comes suddenly and hits hard. Sometimes I felt like being in an igloo with some Eskimos or something, and sometimes I felt like being in a tent with some Persians selling carpets. Severe pain in my face and forehead made me felt like not going to class each day I woke up.

And now my diet is panadol actifast (confusion or disorientation may cause the spelling error) with panadol soluble to wash it down my throat. I hate panadols, for it doesn’t cure flu, it just relieves pains – as analgesics don't work against viruses – and it’s a blow for my pocket money.

And the fact that flu comes with muscle aches really a big woe to my football calling. I was close of being axed from the team for playing a sloppy game during the Kolej Sukan MARA selection tryout. And it is not just that, it has follow up symptoms as well, and now I have a groin injury. Don’t get dodgy people, it is just follow ups. Now it is killing even for me to walk.

And tomorrow is Monday, with few presentations I have to work on – which seems to be suck considering my health condition. I have to agree that boys are so hard to get sick, but once they are bedridden, they could walk like a dead man.

But thanks to the coughing and sneezing, my voice turned out to be like Buble’s all this week. And Torres made his move to Liverpool when I was busy clearing my throat with phlegm. Blessings in disguise, and I am waiting more than just that.

P.S. Being a concerned pre-med student as ever, I googled flu and I found out that the virus could be spread even when I laugh. Well don’t make me laugh then, for it could cost your macho-ness.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 2:59 pm | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 09 July, 2007 13:37, Blogger caliphkaai

    what a pity...
    may He grants u patience...

     
  • At 13 December, 2007 21:44, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cap, i wonder when you write all those stuff ma. most of the time, was it spontaneously or u prepared it first bro? sila jelaskan

     
  • At 30 December, 2007 03:28, Anonymous Anonymous

    woi...sumer blog2 ko panjang nk mampos...pendek2 sudey....bwt org mls nk membaca...haha...bgs la kn english ko...tere2....wide range of vocabs....blh trun kn sket kt aku nnti...btw lagu pudar 2 cm x best je nk bwk...cm byk pd keyboard...tp aku ikot jer la....