Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Here Comes The Sun
Scores of events happened over these few months, ranging from things beyond my apprehension and dealings where I have long expected. Any other way, they somehow are of my prior concerns which stand as a reason or maybe reasons of my evaporation from the blogging tube. Busy? Well, maybe it is too early for me to define what the word busy stands for. Living for just two decades and telling people I have no time to do other things would insult the people who have been making do with their life longer than I do. Running away? No way for this is what I love, my passion, my obsession if you need more emphasis, and to run away from thing I love is like digging my own grave – I would die alone and left wrinkled to death all by myself. Writing is my love. Giving opinion is my responsibility. Writing to give opinion synchronizes my idea of complete joy, with the hope to change and touch the souls of many, if not myself.

They say little knowledge is a dangerous thing, which I suppose something true to dwell about. Little knowledge I gained from the period of nonexistence gives the unambiguous idea that nothing is a surety. Everything changes. The values of friendship, overcoming adversities, hard work, loyalty, passionate and modesty were some of the lessons I learnt not to master, but to understand – as they are all unconditional.

Before you get me wrong, I am not being any melancholic or trying to express my angst over something ambiguous or any sort. I am having the time of my life. I have to.

Leaving blogosphere dusty and not updated is not a reflection of desolation I am having with myself, or my life. But it was indeed a highly significant event despite my days were actually scary and very much daunting. I guess it was a blessing in disguise, as leaving blogosphere to immerse in the colourful real world gave me an unusual opportunity for me to come out from what was used to be a very comfortable and protective shell. When you see yourself doing things effortlessly, maybe you should stop and ponder for something else new. If you don’t find any relevance in the previous line, then make an assumption that I’m talking to myself. I want to do something that requires me doing something, an effort. I have to dig deep, find my own thoughts and opinions and unite them with others to make a singular, but not definite piece of mind – all to open up wounds to discover myself. I have to heal myself.

When things becoming more and more intricate and thorny, I tell myself, I got time. And I would expect someone to pat my back and say hey, time waits for no man. I am learning. I am studying. I learnt that studying and learning are not the same as I used to think.

If time cannot wait for me, I hope my friends can. Friends, the people I have come to love dearly. As I walk, run, march and stumble peacefully in my own unique fashion into my fairly premeditated future, I sing come what may, for I know, I will not, and hope never be alone. I have my friends, and they know who they are. I know they will guide me along with their knowledge, wisdom, patience and love. I hope they know that I love them too.

And I hope, each and every one of them will pray for me as I go through yet another chapter of my life, shaping possibilities and challenging destiny.


This is white – but not empty

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 9:13 pm | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 16 April, 2008 01:49, Blogger Muhammad Zuhaili

    I hope that I am included bro,
    whatever it is,
    whatever it takes,
    we're brothers,
    for nearly 11 years now,
    wherever we go,
    we are still one.

    Love,
    Ayie 10

    P.S: I scored 3 goals when we were the champion in 1998 tournament,partner.

     
  • At 16 April, 2008 21:48, Blogger Amirul Hafidz

    Welcome back my good friend.

     
  • At 18 April, 2008 18:44, Blogger Izham Ismail

    thanks bros.

     
  • At 20 April, 2008 12:55, Anonymous Anonymous

    towards 45..

     
  • At 22 April, 2008 10:25, Blogger Noni Kapet

    wow too heavy and gibberish for me.

    is the return to blogging is part of the bandwagon culture that all aspiring politicians must have a blog? ha ha

    anyway distant as we are, most of the things i used to tell you - i meant each one of it.

    but the teacher doesn't seek the student, it has to be the other way around. i wonder whether that's also part of your learning so far :-)

    take care. and don't flash too much.

     
  • At 22 April, 2008 20:32, Blogger Izham Ismail

    gibberish? maybe for a septuagenarian to be.

    i guess it is a cheap way to show you are dead serious to make a difference by being a politician by just having a blog. to reach the people, to convey messages, and to 'deliver', you need more than a blog - trust.

    teacher doesn't seek the student, it has to be the other way around. every word of it. i can't disagree.