Sunday, April 20, 2008
Pesta Tari Menari Di Longbourne
Title - a scene from the translated version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

Backstreet Boys, N’Sync, 5ive, some of my favorite boy bands I used to learn their lyrics by heart. Most of the boy bands would have a front man who usually be the most cute, fashionable and certainly the best voice. Girls (and some sissy boys, OK, some normal boys) would scream their lungs out when the likes of Justin Timberlake and Nick Carter grab the microphone and hit the stage with their moves and charming voice. I beg to differ. I had always adored the second man, for I had secretly cheered for JC Chasez and Kevin whenever their band’s front man took his breath after long dominating the microphone and center stage. Second man deserved the limelight as well, as they sometimes can be better than the front man himself, as in the case of A.J, whom I find better than Nick Carter (whatever say you Nick die-hards) – not because he dressed like Puff Daddy, but his dancing ability which I secretly admire up until now.

As Long As You Love Me, Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely, Bye Bye Bye, It’s Gonna Be Me, Tearing up My Heart etc are just some of the deep-rooted icon of boy-bands music genre which are still in my playlist, and maybe hundred more years to come. It was a down memory lane when I randomly shuffle my playlist only to have the voice of Justin Timberlake singing to Pop! and Brian Littrell to Everybody tuned my ears.

With the likes of Breaking Benjamin, Billy Talent, Snow Patrol, Placebo and blah blah blah representing the new age band, those magicians from the boy bands era are ceased to get the highlight, as they are just part of the long-forgotten piece of music history. Yes, they are just memories.

And just last month, I had the chance to bring the great music memories, the boy band era back to earth (at least to KMB) and left people around lip-synching and sing to the long-forgotten tune of boy-band genre. I had the chance to be the second man.

Indeed, video speaks a million words.





We took 3 days to practice, 4 minutes to perform and rest of our life to cherish the day we tried to be like our used-to-be idols and hark back to the moment when BSB and N’Sync came to our life.

The Rabbanis turned N'Syncs - Bal, Nazha, Thaksin, Cucam, Abu, Tot, Apek, Majin, Se, Dedust. You guys rocked.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 1:10 pm | Permalink |


3 Comments: