Monday, April 28, 2008
Selamat Periksa-LAH
It was 3 years ago, when scholarships were all important. With me were my desk-mate Hasif who is now somewhere in Australia and Faiz who is now skirmishing to make a break in India.

It was few minutes before the ever anticipated SPM started, when tension was in the air, without we really felt it provided that we have friends looking after and helping each others out.

And few hours before that.

Memories. But they were all 3 years ago. What I'm doing now is a different cup of tea - where I learnt what Kiasu is all about. I’m bidding goodbye to this program in a few weeks time, after a rigorous 2 years. Before I get myself occupied with what supposed people of my age do after 2 years of age-stopper, I have to go through the final check first, the final exam. My final IB exam is just around the corner. 7 days away to be exact. If you read this blog by heart, you might remember the post I wrote about Exam-itis, a disease which spread among students whom exam is minutes away. As you might expect, it happens again.

As the teachers here would say, MARA College Banting specialty is in its IRP program, which stands out for Intensive Revision Program. The one month program aims to prepare the students with modules and intensive tutorials, by conditioning the students to answer past years questions over and over again.

The key for this program is repetition.

But to repeatedly cling to dirty antics of being kiasu is never going to make you STAY on top, though it might be the key to go on top.


Kiasu issue aside, this is what I get after two hours of revision during the program yesterday, which I answered the question which requires me to write an essay about prasangka social dan sikap bias pengarang which suppose to imply social critic. That’s my mind map anyway – Reggie Lee’s style.

Whatever it is guys, good luck for any exam impending – academic test, driving test, eye test, imaan test, friendship test, love test etc. Anyhow, you can’t really run from it, life is a test.

Ya Allah,

Sometimes I feel a little strange praying to You because of an exam. It doesn't really seem all that significant when you consider the ‘big picture’. But right now, the test looms so large that it is all I can see before me. I pray to you for three things the strength to handle the pressure that I feel, the confidence to feel secure in my knowledge and preparation, and the ability to keep an appropriate perspective on it all. Help me to keep in mind what is really important, even as I focus all of my time and energy on this test in the immediate future.


Amin Amin Ya Rabbal ‘Alamin


Semoga berjaya kawan-kawan.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 8:17 pm | Permalink |


8 Comments: