Sunday, May 04, 2008
Det Blog

I am not quite sure of why, but I knew it is coming. If you ever ramble through my blogger profile, you might notice the line where I suggested few books written by my favourite authors. One of them is The Malay Dilemma, a contentious and revealing piece written by my fourth and maybe my favourite Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. I can still remember the day when I rummage around my dad’s book collection, when The Malay Dilemma quick to grab my attention and left me reading from pages to pages.

He is such a prolific writer. His words are short and snappy, any writer would dream to have that knack. Despite the fact that I may not agree with all the ideas in his writings, I hold high regard to this man who dares to say or write whatever he feels, to the point where he had to put his position on the line.

And just few days ago, blogging community welcomed the illustrious, razor-sharp and probably the most critical voice of Malaysians in the form of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, when he kick-started his very own blog under pseudonym Che Det, the name he adopted from his days as a journalist. Politician and blog quick to become a rather cliché concoction but the arrival of Che Det into the fray is not merely a way to jump into the bandwagon as he is not an ordinary writer – just look at how visitors responded in his first entry, just two days after the blog was online.

Anyway, good luck Tun. I for one will take your blog in my watch-list.

And to other politicians-cum-bloggers, be more honest in your writing please and comments filtering and typical long-winded and boring treatise would just show how hidebound and inept you are.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 9:27 am | Permalink |


0 Comments: