Monday, July 21, 2008
A50
I don’t usually like the idea of writing a tribute - over someone’s achievement or important dates. Maybe it is just me who just can’t agree on anything un-boyish. But I think I have to make an exception for this one, because today is the birthday of a person who very few I consider a good friend.

I don’t expect him to read and cry over this entry, but since I couldn’t spend the whole midnight hanging out with him, I think a Quiksilver shirt and a sweet entry will do.

He is the first of many thoroughbreds (the term – hence the respect - ‘awarded’ the people who enter Malay College from Form 1) who happens to be in the running of being my best man, from the moment he greeted me the day I walked in Dorm 3 in the evening of 26th January 2004 up until today. When everybody was busy sketching plans and childish antics of ‘welcoming’ the newcomers, he kept his cool and offered his hands as a friend rather than a person who get 5As in UPSR. He is one of the very few people who get a hold of my respect not because who he was, but how he earned it – at least for the short two years of my being there.

An avid supporter of Newcastle United (for some weird reason of course – who the hell would want to root for other than the top fours?), he has a jaw-dropping catholic grasp of football knowledge. He can recognize a player just from the way the player walk. He even knows what colour of underwear players wear on matchdays. Okay, I may exaggerate on that bit. But his football encyclopedia is just awe-inspiring – at least for those who care about football.

Love life? I shall not go into that, but I think I share something similar with him – he believes in childhood love. Enough said.

But he is my friend for what he is, not because how similar he is to me.

And no matter what it is, no matter what happens – even if it involves girls, I just hope our friendship will last forever. Good luck in your life, man – and as agreed, you deserve someone better to complete your life.

Happy 20th birthday, Aliff Adha.


With my brother standing by
I said brother, you know you know
It's a long road we've been walking on

- Alexi Murdoch
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 1:42 am | Permalink |


1 Comments: