Friday, December 12, 2008
Abang Sembang Rambang

Mind the misplaced connections between the paragraphs. This is random writing, just like free sex; bang and go.

I had lunch with the dean of my course yesterday. He is a very sharp gentleman, with more than 20 years of experience in healthcare field and has pioneered some breathtaking medical projects and written many medical books and journals – which I have problem to even pronounce the title.

There was more talking than eating – much to my dismay – as he was catching up with international students on how we are doing with the course, and making sure that we have not committed suicide yet.

As any adults would do, he gave me some lengthy and at some point yawn-y bits of sermon on how to live life, how to this and how to that – until I slipped some football in to distract him. Normal question, which team do you support? And there you go, a doctor with 20 years of medical experience, and lifetime experience of being a football fan.   

He is one funny guy, at least by doctor’s standard. But it is not funny when he said that he wouldn’t offer me a place if he knew I bleed Liverpool red.

Since it was not worth it to lose a place over a gratifying uppercut at a Devil’s jaw, I chose to agree and went yeah, Manchester United is a good pick  - and I hope to stay in for another 5 years.

The food was good, and I have no idea what are the names. It was too Jamie Oliver to know as what I needed was just some filling.

He wished me luck, both in my study and in finishing up all the meal on the table. When he was no longer seen, I went Takeru Kobayashi and all out for some ‘ethnic cleansing’. I wished it was nasi kandar ayam on the menu, with teh ais to wash it down my Malaysian throat. 

While walking home, I just realized that while only God knows how I loathe Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea, I still made to the stadium when they play against Malaysia.

Speaking of which, I am having sufficient Malaysian football supplement while Malaysia ply their trade in the biennial-formerly-known-as-Tiger Cup Asean Football Championship. It is not that hard when you have wide access to the net, as I have been following news feeds and video highlights of the tournament right from the start of the tournament. I have said it before; it is not hard to support your own team, your own national team.

Luck is always an issue rather than skills – so we settled third in the group and all I hope is for the team to bounce back (again) in two years time and to pray that Singapore will not win again this year.

And there are some talk of kicking out the coach (again) and some reshuffling of FAM administration (and again) over the blunder. Whatever it is, I’ll be here watching and supporting, and if you need help, I’ll be happy to lend a helping hand and a working brain.

I have a small packet of Anfield grass in my wallet (I am not joking), but I need more than that. The best gift I can think for now is to watch The Reds travel thousands of miles off Melwood to play against Malaysia, with Premier League title traveling with them.

How are you doing now The Kop? Oh, orang cakap, bila orang tengah stim jangan kacau - so let it be, and enjoy being at the top, lads. Not writing about you doesn’t mean I don’t bother. But watch out for that rich men in blue okay.

I pray Allah for safety of all the people (not only those I know) living in Bukit Antarabangsa over the massive catastrophe few days ago. I pray Allah to avoid the unfortunates from anyone who wants to take advantage of it. I pray Allah for speedy resolution over the matter. I wish to be there to help.

Au revoir, dobry den, buena suerte.  I’ve been picking up some phrases in other language from some friends. In exchange, I taught some Malay phrases as well – selamat hari raya, terbaik lah and some other yeah, profanities, which have been carefully selected to be less offensive (otherwise they will be using it against me).

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha, if it is not too late.

There you go, random writing, or snippet, if you like.

Bang and go. 

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 6:55 am | Permalink |


7 Comments: