Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Roundup

Kedah is my mom's birthplace and it houses the best kampung in the world, Sungai Petani. I studied in Perak for a while and absorbed so many things on friendship, loyalty and respect during that brief period. My dad was born in Negeri Sembilan and studied there before the family settled in Melaka.


If Israel were to come and drop bomb on Malaysia's soil, those would be the state I would first put my body on, obviously after losing so much blood saving my state, Selangor.


But in football, none of that really matters - and especially in my football, none of that really matters.


Kedah 1 - 4 Selangor

Selangor 3 - 1 Perak

Selangor 3 - 0 Negeri Sembilan


Look who's on fire. He was the fall guy all these while, and now he is leading the team. And he wears number 17.


I dream a lot and I hope I am not dreaming this time. They are having fun when I am thousands of miles away. How familiar.


Good luck, lads. I can only hope and pray from afar. Again, how familiar.


P.S. The Potters should win the Premier League instead and The Blues should not have gone into the Champions League final last year. Premier League is nothing short of drama. No wonder it is the most expensive league in the world.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 3:22 am | Permalink |


11 Comments: