Saturday, January 03, 2009
Well Hello 2009

I spent my 1st January last year at Stadium Shah Alam to watch Selangor played Perlis. Perlis came a long way to grab all three points right in front of my eyes, and so being a superstitious fan, I thought 2008 would be a hard year for both Red Giants and me.

And I was right. It was scary and daunting, as for how I related myself with those players in Red and Yellow.

(Kick off)

I was clueless on the field, I was supposed to orchestrate and dictate the pace of the game but all I did was to just watch Philemon Chipeita ran wild and ruined everything. I tried to bounce back to put things back in piece, but Shah Alam supporters were all too harsh that I couldn’t even breathe.

I was issued several warnings by the officials before being issued a yellow card just before the final whistle. I thought hard tackles would gain me a wealth of ball possesion.

I tried to do something great and bizzare even to think of it, like Zinedine Zidane’s left footed volley from out of the box to etch another glorious Champions League win for Real Madrid against Bayer Leverkusen – but I was one step behind every time.

I tried to be diplomatic and start to recognize the presence of fellow teammates – 5 minutes before time. But it was all too late.

(Final Whistle)

At the end, Shah Alam cried goodbye to cup glory. The gaffer shook their head in disbelief, and the supporters walked home with sheer disappointment.

I couldn’t do anything but to walk to the dressing room, shower and change as if nothing happened.

As if nothing happened.

During my journey home, I am glad it was yellow and not red – so I can come back and redeem my worth.

But for the supporters, a lost is a lost – and it doesn’t matter whether I’ll be back or not.

I guess that’s me for them - to fight for them, to win for them, to be forgotten and not to complain about all that.

I would like to thank the officials for not sending me off, at least the gaffer could still consider to play me for the next fixture.

Thank you in advance gaffer, I would try my best in the next game.

I was right. It was scary and daunting.

I can’t say no if 2009 is written to be the same, but I do hope God could lend me courage and strength for all that.

May this year be a good one for you. Even if it is better than mine, I would be more than happy to smile for you. Happy New Year guys.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 10:34 am | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 03 January, 2009 10:42, Anonymous Anonymous

    adakah itu shukor adan?

     
  • At 03 January, 2009 10:53, Anonymous Anonymous

    insyAllah someone will find you and you will be happy again, Am. Happy New Year 2 u 2.

     
  • At 03 January, 2009 15:21, Blogger Kamal Zafrullah

    happy new year bro.
    hope tahun ni jadi tahun yg the best utk ko.

    *shukor adan dah pindah NS kan?

     
  • At 03 January, 2009 16:30, Anonymous Anonymous

    hey happy new year to you too izham!~ thx for the writings all dis while.

     
  • At 06 January, 2009 07:46, Anonymous Anonymous

    happy new year izham ismail..i dun thk u knw me bt i thk i knw lots of stories bout u...

    i thk u deserve more thn wht u hv rite now..i pray 4 ur happiness..

    agree wif anonmous, hope someone wll find u n u wll b hepi. :)

    xx

     
  • At 08 January, 2009 14:16, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy new year =) I pray for a wonderful year for you, izham!