Tuesday, April 21, 2009
My Breakfast Show

Today I made myself roti canai, chicken curry and wash them down with teh tarik for breakfast. 


I switched the telly on for daily doze of news. 


Minutes later, with few drops of soy sauce, I slurped telur setengah masak noisily from a transparent cup. 


The news went for a commercial break and Malaysia Truly Asia advert made a feature.


I paused for a minute, and gulped the unfinished teh tarik.


I did the dishes, turned the telly off and went back into my room.


I rambled through Malaysian news online. Malaysian football news then followed.


Then only I decided to wash myself. 


Playlist Di-Raja was high-pitched with Aris Ariwatan and Awie when I was in the shower.


Minutes later, I found myself stuffed, squeaky clean and most importantly, all there for the day.


No matter how far I go, I start my day Malaysian. 


I hope the other 28 million too.


Seroja masih di kolam, remember?

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 4:28 pm | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 21 April, 2009 17:32, Anonymous Anonymous

    "aku sudah menjumpai akar tempat bumiku" ~ Diana

     
  • At 21 April, 2009 18:29, Blogger rj.zyra

    Thats good to know.

    Even Malaysians back home are starting their day with an American breakfast. ( good-to-go kinds of takeaway meals )

    I don't take breakfast.
    So unhealthy of me.

    Kena pergi jauh kot to appreciate Malaysian breakfast.? hehe

     
  • At 21 April, 2009 19:33, Blogger mus

    roti canai instant ke uli sendri tepung tu,am? terer la kalo wat sendri.hehe. bole bg resepi nant

     
  • At 21 April, 2009 21:52, Blogger njahmat

    "Kawanku" roti canai has certainly made their mark all around the world!

    Btw, kalau start my day with FB but looking at Malaysian friends' profiles, does that count as starting my days Malaysian? Hahahahhaa.