Friday, July 31, 2009
Bygone

Which to choose? The plain white; classic and stylish? The black collared T; slick and aggressive? Or the black V-neck; dangerous and glamorous.


I paused. 


'Very well, now get a move on,' she seemed apprehensive.


I listened to myself breathe for a while.


'In your fucking dream', another voice came from behind, piercing through distance.


Or the striped shirt, with funny patchwork of purple, black and grey; radical, a way-out?


The clock is ticking. 


Tick.


I stood up and reach for one.


I grabbed one at random from the yellowing pile at the bottom of the discolored, holey closet.


'Off, my man, off. You just blown it. It is over.' 


I grinned.


It was faded, grooved, baggy, smelled moldy and helluva muggy. 


I could see a guy in the mirror.


That guy who looked exactly like the weary, neglected, thoughtless fool that I was.


'Time is up!' and she hurled.


It felt great. 


Time is mine, chappy.


*


The clock is ticking, and still is.


You are right Patrick, it is time to let go everything we used to know. Because there is no point of building a house of cards and wait for it to fall.


Chained to history, you shall sink fast, surely.


*


The clock is ticking, and still is.


Have you picked yours?


 
posted by Izham Ismail at 2:49 pm | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 02 August, 2009 18:24, Anonymous ls

    izham. gambar macam gambar tengah kutip siput or cacing tu kan kan? hahaah.

     
  • At 03 August, 2009 00:34, Blogger anisizatyA.J

    cuba u denga ELLO - PERGI UNTUK KEMBALI.. i heard this guy told me it was awesome. and i also heard about the super awesome girl who found the link to download that song.


    p/s: theres no typing error, its not ella*, its ELLO


    :))))))) "ha ha"