Monday, July 27, 2009
Cucumber Sandwiches and Mint Tea

I have been struggling with knee injury for the past few months, and slowly getting back on my feet and just started kicking the ball again. I don't know what is happening to me, but my fitness is going into the pits. 


I am not getting old, you bitch. It means that I need more time on the field. As for you, you have to stop playing around with my time, and ask me out for football only if you are serious. 

"Let's futsal!" 

"Drink?"

"Wey, main bola jom!" 

"Apa bikin, jom minum!"

"Futsal sometime?"

"Jom lepak!"

Wait until I replied, and you shall tongue-tie yourself, and your mouth will be full as if you are giving your neighbour a blowjob that you can't grab the phone, let alone talk to me. You are cheap, cheaper than Emmanuel Adebayor.


It is so hard to finish a book these days. I got bored in the middle of Rushdie's elegance, wit and ambiguity in Midnight's Children, and finished Conrad's long abandoned The Eastern Stories instead. Medical books are pristine, and set to make a comeback in a few months. By then, Rushdie might have written a new piece. 


That is why I hate people giving me books as present. It casts me a spell, an uncalled sense of blame and guilt, a responsibility to know the book the next time I met the person who gave me the book. I prefer to buy them myself.


But I have to finish with what I have first before starting to buy new ones.


People have no neutral opinion about me. They will either like me, or hate me. Maybe that is why I don't have lots of friends, and never get offended when people made fun of the number of friends I actually know on Facebook.


One thing it is just a fucking website, and another is, worrying over the number of friends I should have is the thing in the past for me. 


But I am worried if I am losing the people I already have. That is why most of the time, I didn't spend the time reading the book they gave to me, but writing a book about the story I'm having with them.


I am not a religious person you would want to get advise from, but I know that friend is a gift, a privilege you get after a good deed. God's work is mysterious, you can be a complete jerk and get millions of friends, and be that nice guy and get zero in return.


Either way, it is a good deed if you just be your fucking self, and God will pull the trick. You just have to stick around and make sure you are still alive to claim your gift(s).


I shall go now, the boys are sensitive bitches. They won't let me spend my time with you guys more than them. Still and all, the number of books I have to read is enough to make me go nuts. 


Thanks to them.


Anyway, what kind of book do you read?


Ha.


Ha.

 
posted by Izham Ismail at 6:37 pm | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 27 July, 2009 19:32, Anonymous Anonymous

    wonderful thoughts. i like tolkien's by the way, if that is really a question.

     
  • At 27 July, 2009 21:04, Anonymous ls

    "That is why I hate people giving me books as present. It casts me a spell, an uncalled sense of blame and guilt, a responsibility to know the book the next time I met the person who gave me the book. I prefer to buy them myself."

    Should have stuck on the dream-catcher gift instead. Dammit. This hurts!

     
  • At 28 July, 2009 00:40, Blogger anisizatyA.J

    for now, cooking booksss! dang ROFL

     
  • At 28 July, 2009 00:41, Blogger anisizatyA.J

    for now, cooking booksss! dang ROFL

     
  • At 28 July, 2009 21:29, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hoi