Saturday, May 08, 2010
RT @izham17 #dilemma
I have a dilemma.

I write more on Twitter than I do on this blog. The thing is, I was not the biggest fan of Twitter before and it's not even a year since I decided to join the 140-character mini-blogosphere that I've started to have second thoughts about giving this blog up for good.

I've been blogging since I was 14, back then when GeoCities was still around providing the easiest build-your-own website service. I can still remember few posts I wrote and my god if the posts were still around for your clickings, I think you might take some time to appreciate how long the way I took to get here.

Like writing on a piece of paper, or like playing a football match if I may, blogging requires quite a great deal of time spent on planning what to put forward. Everything has to be properly suggested in an organized system, just to ensure all those crazy things lingering in the head are told soberly. I may not hit the target everytime but I am still learning, of course, and I am enjoying every second of it.

Although sometimes writing is like singing, where sometimes people just wouldn't listen not because of the song, but your voice.

But that is not why I find the need and urgency to write a blog seem to fade away.

It is just that Twitter is annoyingly convenient!

It is so easy to tweet that it gives me the luxury to skip all verbosities that make my blog scrollable, and unreadable for the untrained and impatient eyes. I can tweet from almost everywhere because with 140 characters, you don't have to think much to share a tweet.

I even downloaded a Twitter application to my laptop and my phone, which I never did to easily update my blog.

What makes me feel bad is updating my Twitter gives me the same feeling as updating a long-winded blog post, only that it requires less effort.

But I guess Twitter and my blog should co-exist like DUKE and MRR2, whom always been great friends than enemies especially in providing alternatives to get me to Damansara. But if both of them were fighting, Federal Highway came to the rescue. That's right, thanks Facebook.

Ah Facebook tak payah cakap lah.

And of course, they remind me of two wives struggling to get a husband's attention and the next thing they know is the husband is going out with a younger, hotter college girl who is doing French Literature with hair and legs made in heaven.

I have a dilemma - whether to tweet or blog more often.

Oh shit, did I just tweet, again?

P.S. Do me a favor, be part of the dilemma, because a problem shared is a problem halved.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 4:46 am | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 08 May, 2010 08:30, Anonymous Anonymous

    bagus sangat ke ko nak twitter n blogging sume nih,. blah la cibai

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 10:58, Anonymous Anonymous

    as an avid reader of yours, iam voting for the blog! :P anyway yes people might have diff opinions kan. so be strong u have one hell of a support system! :)

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 11:56, Blogger anisizatyA.J

    tweet everyday. blog everyweek. futsal everynight.

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 14:57, Anonymous Anonymous

    bangang betul budak atas tu . berani sound tunjuk muka la . setakat appear as anonymous lagi baik x payah . - gerrard -

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 15:45, Blogger faree rastam

    both. best apa dua-dua. kalau jumpa hanis zalikha kat kedai mamak takkan nak blog, kan? tweet sudeh. kalau hanis zalikha jumpa kau mintak autograf baru la blog. haha.

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 16:08, Anonymous Anonymous

    cibai lu gerrard,. lu pun anonymous,. yg lu emo pehal,. ada gua kaco lu,. gi la mampos, bajet la gerrad,. men bola wakil negeri pn x lepas,.

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 18:48, Anonymous Anonymous

    duh

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 20:40, Blogger Ezlan mohsen

    Well said. Exactly what was on my mind before I made that final decision.

    Ala blog lu sudah famous. Nanti awek lari kalau lu tutup blog. Anonymous kat atas ni kalau lari takpe. Sejuta ada lagi.

    Izham 17.

     
  • At 08 May, 2010 22:32, Anonymous Anonymous

    multitasking la bro.

    merepek pendek2 kat twitter, merapu panjang2 kat blog. ok what?

     
  • At 10 May, 2010 14:37, Blogger amerhadiazmi

    You have haters. Congratulations, you've made it.

     
  • At 10 May, 2010 14:38, Blogger amerhadiazmi

    This comment has been removed by the author.