Saturday, September 01, 2012
Hangover
1st September means a lot of things to me. This first day of the ninth month of the year has annually marked the day I survived the raving hustle and bustle of the 31st August.

My body is aching from hours of futsal I had last night. It is good to be back on the court and the familiar feeling of waking up with stretched muscles and tired feet is a sign that I should do this again more often. 2012 is not the best football year for me. I hung the boots in the first week of the year due to injury and the next months were spent in the faculty without having a single minute of kickabout. My fitness level has metamorphosed from worrying to 'damn, I suck'. To make things worse, my favourite boots was stolen and everything seemed to suggest that I should not play much football this year - not until I got my time, fitness and gear issue sorted.

My mind is occupied by the news about some group of people who are desperate to have a different flag for Malaysia on 31st August as they find Jalur Gemilang a repugnance of nationhood. How is this issue going to benefit millions of poor Malaysians? How is this issue going to feed my future offspring? How is this issue going to guarantee a more economically secured life of millions of Malaysians? Freedom of speech is a right. Being listened to, especially when what you say is nothing but a complete gibberish, is not. Please get over it.

My emotion has suffered from a fluctuating turmoil of transfer deadline day of 31st October. Brendan Rodgers had his piece of mind clear when he said he needed at least 3 strikers for his system to work. It was a promising formation of a new Liverpool team when he decided to offload heavyweight names in Dirk Kuyt, Craig Bellamy and Andy Carroll and Liverpool fans all over the world awaited the replacements. Fabio Borini was a promising cover but I don't really see him as a first eleven material. This team needs a world class worthy of donning the famous number 9. Clint Dempsey and Theo Walcott are the names linked to fill the attacking gap in Liverpool squad. Dempsey was the more likely one, after rejected to play for Fulham and could not wait to be the next pit bull of Anfield. Transfer window is now closed and Liverpool refused to pay extra millions for any of them - and Brendan Rodgers has only 2 strikers for the next 70 games. I have no idea what to expect other than yet another boring, hopeless season. I hope Nuri Sahin and Oussama Assaidi will step up and prove me wrong. Next up is Arsenal.
After a frustrating match against City and Hearts, Liverpool better win this one.

1st September is an interesting hangover, for better or for worse. 


How's yours?

Happy September, everyone.
 
posted by Izham Ismail at 2:36 pm | Permalink |